We spent 9 days in San Diego & have missed reviewing our local restaurants. I found myself absolutely craving one of my old weekly stops so I decided to take the family for a fun late lunch. We drove over to The Capital Grille located @ the Biltmore Fashion Park & parked in the front spot right by the valet.
Our lil'gurl had to take a picture with her crackers that was served as soon as we sat down. They also serve piping hot rolls as well in the same basket. These crackers are huge & entertaining for the kids, if in fact you even take kids to The Capital Grille...
As I have done about 25 times I went with my usual Ribeye Steak Sandwich with Caramelized Onions and Havarti w/ cream spinach as my side $18. I absolutely crave this sandwich & find myself often driving over to the "Grille" just to quench the craving! The roll is soft but pointed in taste, the onions are caramelized perfectly, & the steak is easily a $20 steak as a dinner entree later in the evening! The wife has never once tried cream spinach at other venues such as Ruth's Chris or Morton's but did @ the "Grille" & absolutely loved it! My kids loved it also & it was fun to watch a 3yr old & an 8 month old eat it.
The wife went with The Grille’s Signature Cheeseburger with Truffle Fries A Blend of Chopped Sirloin, Smoked Bacon and Sweet Onions $16. Amazing in every way for sure! The burger is one of a kind with all it offers & the fries offer many different type of tastes. The burger was cooked perfectly & the kids loved sharing with mom on this plate as well...
The fries are covered in spices & oils & are so very tasty. They'll also give you any type of "DIP" you desire, we went with a few, fry sauce, honey mustard, & some type of sweet & sour mix they offer. Give this a try sometime, it's wonderful...!

VENUE & LOCATION: 10 out of 10. Venue is a white tablecloth type of spot, very "Frank Sinatra" type of place; It's great! Parking is now paid parking but they'll validate it for you if needed. I choose to park in my "Secret spot" where I don't have to walk far nor pay for parking, we'll keep this my lil'secret for now however...

VALUE & SERVICE: 8 out of 10. If you're looking for the dollar menu this is not the place. However if you're looking for a "Presidential type lunch" this is certainly an option for sure! The service is a 10 out of 10 but the $50 lunch is sometimes too pricey for what you get. I'm not complaining as I love this place but it is sometimes costly & may feel like the value isn't exactly always there...

COMFORT: 10 out of 10. I usually sit at the bar if I'm alone, I can talk w/ other businessmen, watch ESPN, & get refills quickly by the gal who usually is always there bar-tending. If I'm with a party I usually pick table #2 in the bar area but over by the windows. It's very private & gives you great room to spread out. I love either location & would gladly choose these 2 spots over a normal table in the main room. I've never been uncomfortable while dining @ "The Grille"...

OVERALL: A+ Amazing PHilling PHood, tip top service, & amazing location for those who live downtown, in Central/South Scottsdale, or Arcadia. This is one of my favorite places, even though it's not a hole in the wall, in the entire country! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT & WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE & EVERYONE!!!

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment